What Did Zoey Say?
|Season NA, Episode NA|
What Did Zoey Say? (also called "What Zoey Said" on TeenNick's Facebook page) is a special short video commemorating the 10th anniversary of the airing of the episode Time Capsule. It features Sean Flynn and Christopher Massey reprising their respective roles of Chase Matthews and Michael Barret discussing what Zoey put in the time capsule ten years before. It was broadcast on TeenNick on September 18, 2015, in some areas after a re-run of "Bad Girl."
Chase Matthews, seven years after Chasing Zoey, is in the middle of proposing to his girlfriend Alyssa, when he is interrupted by an excited Michael, covered in dirt. Michael had apparently spent the day digging up the time capsule at PCA to retrieve Zoey's video so that Chase could watch it as promised exactly ten years after it was buried. Ignoring the protests of his girlfriend, Chase and Michael try to find someone with a DVD player, but after only finding a guy with a VHS player, Michael reveals he actually watched the whole video and transcribed what Zoey said: "And now, I want to tell you about one of the most special people I've ever met: his name is Chase Matthews, and he is one of the funniest, coolest, nicest guys in the world. And sometimes, I kinda think he has a little crush on me. But other times, I kinda think he just wants to be friends. All I know for sure is Chase is really special to me. And who knows? Maybe he's even my soulmate." An excited Chase initially tries to call Zoey using his TekMate, but upon being told no one uses those anymore, he runs out of the restaurant to tell Zoey his true feelings, taking the ring for Alyssa with him. Now left alone, Michael asks Alyssa if he can use her bath.
- This is the first Zoey 101-related media released since "Chasing Zoey" in 2008, in turn marking the first appearances of Michael and Chase since then.
- The video ends with a card saying, "To be continued...?" hinting at a follow-up.
- Christopher Massey posted a video on his Instagram from a studio set that includes, among others, Nathan Kress, Kel Mitchell, Jace Norman, Dan Schneider, and Sean Flynn, implying not only a follow-up to this video, but a larger Schneider-verse gathering.
- The canonicity of this video is doubtful as:
- Chase and Zoey already expressed their feelings for each other and began dating at the end of "Chasing Zoey."
- Zoey said in her video that "I kinda think he (Chase) has a little crush on me" however, in the actual show she was the only one who wasn't aware that Chase had a crush on her as seen in Surprise. She found out that Chase was in love with her in Part 2 of Goodbye Zoey.
- Steve Hoefer directed this short while Dan Schneider wrote it. 
- If you look closely, the restaurant is actually Fooders restaurant, which is in Game Shakers, another show by Dan Schneider. This suggests that Chase is now in New York.