|Season 2, Episode 12|
Anthony Del Broccolo
April 9, 2006
People Auction is the twelfth episode in Season 2 and the 25th overall episode in the Nickelodeon TV series, Zoey 101. Going by streaming and/or production order, this is the 9th episode of Season 2. The episode first aired on April 9, 2006.
After a fire burns down Sushi Rox, Zoey and the gang hold a people auction to raise money in order to rebuild it. Chase and Michael get auctioned to the sushi-crazy gym teacher Coach Keller who holds Chase responsible for Sushi Rox burning down. Zoey, Lola, and Nicole become Logan's personal cheerleaders, and they are told to "cheer his awesomeness," as in cheer for everything he does for a week. His plan, however, backfires when the girls decide to cheer for everything he does (waking up, getting back in the shower, and getting rejected by a girl he asks out on a date) and he pays them their money just to have them leave him alone.
- While Chase and Michael are making sushi for Coach Keller, he is reading an "Itchy Rich" comic; ironically in the episode "Disc Golf," Coach Phelps is reading the same comic.
- It is discovered that Kazu's hometown is in Birmingham, Alabama.
- This is Kazu's only appearance in Season 2.
- Kazu's license plate is SUSHI ROX.
- Going by production order, this is the 9th episode of Season 2.
- This episode is the first, and last, time that Nicole's last name was verbally stated.
- Zoey was the one who ordered the tempura roll, which then caused the fire, but Coach Keller did not get mad at her.
- Logan blames Chase and Zoey for the fire, but it's really Kazu's fault. He could've turned off the stove or grill.
- In this episode, Nicole is seen eating raw fish in her sushi. But in the episode, "Little Beach Party," she said she usually doesn't like fish.
- This episode is referenced in the Season 3 episode "Hot Dean," where Kazu reminds Chase to not burn down his restaurant again.
- There should have been a fire sprinkler in the restaurant that would have put out the flames.
- Chase had nothing to do with the fire, so Nicole, Logan and Coach Keller should not have blamed him.
- The outfit that Zoey, Nicole, and Lola wear in this episode would later be recycled in the Victorious episode "Wi-Fi in the Sky" though the "L" would be replaced by a "C" and the dark blue changed to purple.
- Quinn and Logan are the only two members of the gang who don't auction themselves off.
- The song that plays at the end is "Summer Sunshine."
- For this episode Zoey, Lola, and Nicole had to be Logan's personal cheerleaders. Jamie Lynn Spears did cheerleading in real life. She was a member of her school's cheerleading squad during her time on "Zoey 101". Victoria Justice and Alexa Nikolas didn't have any experience with cheerleading.
- This episode revealed that Jamie Lynn Spears pierced her belly button.
- This is Alexa Nikolas' last episode. After Season 2 ended Alexa left "Zoey 101" and her character Nicole was written out of the show.
- Kazu should’ve had insurance on his restaurant.
- Ironically, there were no smoke detectors in the restaurant. That would’ve automatically set off the fire alarm without Zoey having to pull the fire alarm.
- Jamie Lynn Spears as Zoey Brooks
- Sean Flynn as Chase Matthews
- Victoria Justice as Lola Martinez
- Christopher Massey as Michael Barret
- Alexa Nikolas as Nicole Bristow
- Erin Sanders as Quinn Pensky
- Matthew Underwood as Logan Reese
|Season 2 episodes|
|Back to PCA • Time Capsule • The Election • Haunted House • Bad Girl • Broadcast Views • Girls Will Be Boys • Robot Wars • Lola Likes Chase • Spring Break-Up • People Auction • Quinn's Alpaca|