|Season 3, Episode 14|
September 16, 2007
Dance Contest is the fourteenth episode in Season 3 and the 40th overall episode in the Nickelodeon TV series, Zoey 101. It is the 21st episode of Season 3 in streaming and production order. The episode aired on September 16, 2007.
Zoey is trying to find a dance partner for an upcoming dance contest. Chase volunteers, but Zoey declines due to his lack of dancing skills. When Zoey finds another dance partner who ends up getting hurt and unable to compete, Michael and Logan must help Chase become a wonderful dancer before a dance contest to dance with Zoey. Chase practices all throughout the night and ends up sleeping through the contest. After the Dance Contest ends, Zoey finds out from Michael and Logan that he practiced just for her. Zoey finds Chase and wakes him up and is forced to expain to him the contest already ended. Chase feels terrible about sleeping through the contest but Zoey is moved by Chase's dedication to her and tells him what he did was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for her. The two then share a dance alone in the end and have a great time.
Meanwhile, Lola wants to get the lead role in the school play, when Lola sees a handsome guy named, Simon from England, she develops a crush on him, But in order to spend time with him, Lola asks him to tutor her so she can speak with a British accent. After finding out about her true skills in British, Simon and Lola hang out.
Michael, Logan and Quinn try to be customer of the week to get free coffee. With Michael saving him from a man beating him up, Logan buying 150 Cups of a Coffee this week and Quinn won by deafult. However, after finding out Calvin only picks girls to make out with them, Quinn rejects.
- At the beginning of the episode, the dance contest was said to be on Saturday. However, when Lola and Zoey are talking in the lounge, Zoey says the dance contest is on Friday.
- Paul Butcher (Dustin Brooks) did not appear in this episode.
- By the time this episode aired, all of season 4 had been filmed.
- This episode, like many other episodes of Zoey 101, does English accents that are completely wrong. Nobody who lives in England sounds posh anymore. These accents existed many years ago but have now died out.
- When Zoey, Michael and Logan were talking, Michael can be heard singing the theme song to Zoey 101.
- Going by production order, this is the 21st episode of Season 3.
- This episode aired as a part of Nickelodeon's Back to School Bash, along with premieres of Drake & Josh, iCarly, Unfabulous and Just Jordan.
- The Drake & Josh episode that aired the same night as this episode was also called "Dance Contest.”
- When Simon was tutoring Lola on how to speak with a British accent, it’s a parody of Professor Henry Higgins teaching Eliza Doolittle how to speak clearly from the Broadway musical, My Fair Lady.
- Molly Talbertson, who ironically does not interact with Lola, is portrayed by Ashley Rickards who would later star with Victoria Justice in the 2017 film, The Outcasts.
- Jamie Lynn Spears as Zoey Brooks
- Sean Flynn as Chase Matthews
- Victoria Justice as Lola Martinez
- Christopher Massey as Michael Barret
- Erin Sanders as Quinn Pensky
- Matthew Underwood as Logan Reese
|Season 3 episodes|
|Surprise • Chase's Girlfriend • Hot Dean • Zoey's Tutor • The Great Vince Blake • Silver Hammer Society • Michael Loves Lisa • Wrestling • Zoey's Balloon • Chase's Grandma • Quarantine • The Radio • Paige at PCA • Dance Contest • Favor Chain • Zoey's Ribs • The Curse of PCA • Drippin' Episode! • Son of a Dean • Hands on a Blix Van • Miss PCA • Logan Gets Cut Off • Goodbye Zoey|