|Season 3, Episode 10|
March 18, 2007
Chase's Grandma is the tenth episode in Season 3 and the 36th overall episode in the Nickelodeon TV series, Zoey 101. It is the 12th episode of Season 3 in streaming and production order. The episode aired on March 18, 2007.
Chase's birthday is coming up, but he is too busy writing a 5000-word paper to care. When Zoey hears that Chase and his grandmother share the same birthday and that Chase was close with his grandma when he was young, she decides to give him the perfect gift by bringing his grandmother to PCA. However, his grandmother gets the flu and is unable to come to PCA. Chase doesn't mind, as he is happy that they tried. However, during the party, Zoey learns from Michael that Chase's grandma had more than the flu; she died on both hers and Chase's birthday. Zoey comforts a grieving Chase as the episode ends.
Meanwhile, Zoey makes Dustin promise he won't get in trouble anymore, but soon after, Dustin gets his arm gets stuck in the vending machine while he is trying to get a snack. Quinn and Lola try to get him out, but fail, so they bring him to Chase, Michael, and Logan's room. There, Dustin eventually manages to free himself by buying something from the machine.
- Since Chase's grandmother died he would have asked for time off to attend her funeral.
- However, it is possible that he did, and that the following episode (which would be Quarantine) had taken place at least one or two weeks after this episode.
- This is the first time that a main character's family member dies. The second time is when Zoey finds out her great-uncle Morris died in "Zoey's Ribs."
- This episode marks the first appearance of Dustin since Hot Dean, which is his longest amount of consecutive absences in the show, with a span of seven episodes.
- The names of the two football players are Weissman and Fleck, which is a reference to two writers and directors who work with Dan Schneider named Adam Weissman and Matt "Fleck" Fleckenstein.
- Chase reveals as a kid, when he would get hurt and cry, his grandma would sing A Million Raindrops to make him feel better. During the outro of the episode, while Chase and Zoey are sitting by the fountain, a real version of the song begins to play.
- This is one of few episodes to have a dark tone when it is learned that Chase's grandmother who previously only had the flu dies of cancer.
- Going by production order, this is the 12th episode of Season 3.
- Jamie Lynn Spears as Zoey Brooks
- Paul Butcher as Dustin Brooks
- Sean Flynn as Chase Matthews
- Victoria Justice as Lola Martinez
- Christopher Massey as Michael Barret
- Erin Sanders as Quinn Pensky
- Matthew Underwood as Logan Reese
|Season 3 episodes|
|Surprise • Chase's Girlfriend • Hot Dean • Zoey's Tutor • The Great Vince Blake • Silver Hammer Society • Michael Loves Lisa • Wrestling • Zoey's Balloon • Chase's Grandma • Quarantine • The Radio • Paige at PCA • Dance Contest • Favor Chain • Zoey's Ribs • The Curse of PCA • Drippin' Episode! • Son of a Dean • Hands on a Blix Van • Miss PCA • Logan Gets Cut Off • Goodbye Zoey|